[ddj] 2014 King's Data School, June 16 to 21

Fred Vallance-Jones Fvjones at dal.ca
Fri Apr 11 19:27:26 UTC 2014

Apologies for the cross posts.
This will mostly be of interest to those in Canada.
The 2014 King's Summer School in Data Journalism, the 7th annual,  is
filling up rapidly.  We have only a few spots left.
The school runs from June 16 to 21 in Halifax.
This is Canada's only week-long course in data journalism methods for
working journalists, journalism students and others interested in data and
mapping techniques. No experience with data is required.  We take students
from simple data entry and querying through to basic spatial analysis using
ArcGIS mapping software. We'll also show you how to create a simple
interactive, online map.
This year, Esri Canada has come on as our principal sponsor, and all grads
of the program will receive a commercially licensed copy of ArcGIS for
Desktop Basic.
Cost for the week starts at $400 for freelancers and those at small
outlets. It costs $525 for everyone else. The cost goes up by $150 after
April 25.
More details on that and the school itself are at http://kingsdataschool.com
Hoping to see you in Halifax, which is a wonderful place to be in late
spring.

--

*Fred Vallance-Jones*

Associate Professor  |  University of King’s College

P: 902.422.1271 ext.147

E: Fvjones at dal.ca
C: 902.880.5470

www.ukings.ca

For information on our masters degrees in investigative and data journalism
and new ventures in journalism, please go to
http://www.ukings.ca/master-journalism

[image: UKC_Horiz_Colour_RED-225-160h] <http://www.ukings.ca/>
   [image:
King's-Come-Home-logo-146h]