[ddj] Maps/dataviz built into scrollable story-telling - examples?

Björn Schwentker mail at bjoernschwentker.de
Mon Dec 22 13:11:57 UTC 2014

Dear all,

thanks to everybody for your replies and examples.

Interestingly, among your examples there have been almost none, that
already had interactive maps embedded as a page element that would be
treaded scrollably like pictures, film or text (examples rather had maps
as a permanently visible core-element, that copuld not be scrolled, or
non-interactive pictures of maps).

I am wondering, why that is. Why is one of the most powerful and popular
visualisation (namely interactive maps) absent as a usual element in
scrollies, which in many editorial offices seem to become a very desired
modern form of story-telling? Is it because there are good arguments
against it? Or is it a technical thing? I am happy to hear your thoughts
on this (for anyone who's not tired of the subject yet). Maybe I am
missing the obvious...

Thanks again and have a nice X-Mas time!

Björn

--
Björn Schwentker, Journalist
Steindamm 105, 20099 Hamburg, Germany

fon:     +49 (0)40 - 280 958 74
fax:     +49 (0)40 - 280 958 75
mobil:   +49 (0)177 - 30 29 175
mail:    mail at bjoernschwentker.de

web:     demografie-blog.de
twitter: twitter.com/BSchwentker
foto:    schwentker-fotografie.de

PGP-Schlüssel (Public PGP Key):
data.demografie-blog.de/Bjoern_Schwentker_Public_Key_PGP.asc