[ddj] [Request] Ideas for visualization needed

Moritz Jaeger mjaeger at moritzjaeger.de
Sun Jan 12 16:11:27 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I need some input/ideas for the visualization of two kind of metrics.
I am collecting data about which company uses which kind of online
trackers/ad systems. Now, I want two rows opposite of each other:
Row 1: Name of the company
Row 2: Name of the used tracker.
Each entry should be visualized as a bubble (or any other shape, no
preferences here), connections should be symbolized by small lines.
If a user clicks on one of the bubbles, the connected bubbles should be
highlighted while the other variables should be dimmed out (dimming also
not required, but would look nice :) - any other method of highlighting
would be fine.
Basically I want to look it similar to this one:
http://www.zeit.de/2013/38/analyse-bundestagswahl-grafik or his one:
http://bl.ocks.org/mbostock/7607999

So, basically I am looking for more information on what to use as well as
your experiences with several formats, tips and/or starting points.
All my data will be uploaded to Github, so whoever wants to take the input
and refine/grow it can do so.

Thanks and regards
Moritz,
Freelance IT Journalist