[ddj] Call for Submissions-- Parsons Journal for Information Mapping

Ashawnta Jackson jacka864 at newschool.edu
Tue Jan 28 16:17:09 UTC 2014

The *Parsons Journal for Information Mapping* (PJIM) is an academic journal
promoting research, writing, and digital execution of theories in the field
of information mapping and its related disciplines. Housed within the
Parsons Institute for Information Mapping at The New School in New York
City, our mission is to identify and disseminate knowledge about the fields
of information mapping, information design, data visualization, information
taxonomies/structures, data analytics, informatics, information systems,
and user interface design.

PJIM focuses on both the theoretical and practical aspects of information
visualization. With each issue, the Journal aims to present novel ideas and
approaches that advance the field of Knowledge Visualization through
visual, engineering, and cognitive methods.

We have a rolling, open-call for submissions for original essays, academic
manuscripts, interactive and non-interactive projects, and project
documentation that address representation, processing, and communication of
information. We encourage interdisciplinary thinking and approaches and are
open to submissions regarding, but not limited to, the following
disciplines:
·      Visual analysis and interpretation
·      Social, political, or economic discourse surrounding information,
distribution and use
·      Cognition, thinking, and learning
·      Visual and perceptual literacy
·      Historical uses of information in imagery
·      Semiotics

We have a rolling deadline for submissions, but for publication
consideration in the spring issue of PJIM, please submit abstracts by *February
14, 2014*.

Please visit our website for complete submission guidelines.

http://piim.newschool.edu/journal/

--

Ashawnta Jackson | THE NEW SCHOOL
Editorial and Marketing Assistant | Parsons Journal for Information Mapping

68 5th Avenue, Suite 200
New York, NY 10011
E | jacka864 at newschool.edu URL | http://piim.newschool.edu/journal/

Stay Connected