[ddj] Research on the emergence of infographics (as propaganda) in UK news

Giulio Frigieri giuliofri at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 16:29:50 UTC 2014

Hi Murray

That is a very interesting subject. I would be glad to read your paper.
I would also like to stay in touch with regards to the subject you are
getting started on.

Many thanks

Best,
Giulio

2014/1/19 Murray Dick <slewfootsnoop at googlemail.com>

> Hello,
>
> For anyone who has an interest in the emergence and history of
> infographics in news, I've just had a paper published looking at the Daily
> Express of the 1950s; the tabloid that popularised the form in UK news (for
> all the wrong reasons, it has to be said...).
>
> It is behind a paywall, but I've got around 20 free 'views' left which I'd
> like to pass on to anyone on this list who is interested: here<http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/9FhMsU2IYzYICpHryxNH/full>is the link.
>
> I should mention also, I am hoping to get started on a critical history of
> UK news infographics later in the year, and I hope at some point to put on
> an exhibition somewhere in the UK featuring good examples (including
> interactives).
>
> All the best,
> Murray Dick
>

> Lecturer in Multi-platform Journalism
> Brunel University, London.

*Giulio Frigieri*
*Journalist, Information Designer, Geographer*
*Twitter:* *@Mapitup* *Skype:* *teodolite77*
*LinkedIn bio <http://uk.linkedin.com/in/giuliofrigieri> **|| **Guardian
bio <http://www.theguardian.com/profile/giulio-frigieri>*