[ddj] Query on integrating scraperwiki & Google fusion tables

Srinivasan Ramani srini at epw.in
Thu May 15 06:34:42 UTC 2014

Dear Tim,

The code for scraping data from India's Election Commission website is
available here already:

https://classic.scraperwiki.com/profiles/vrsrini/index.html

The fusion table that I need to use to integrate data from the scraperwiki
tables is available here (as of now it carries turnout information on the
elections and it will be updated with party vote share information as data
comes in):

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1gMha069AC-bkJjv7TZg5dzWbbbqq1ducBBMF_Sy7&pli=1#map:id=3

(Data above has been organised on the basis of constituency/district. India
has a simple majority electoral system).

Where I need help from you and others is creating an API call to query the
data tables from scraperwiki and populate the google fusion table above. I
intend to keep this table viewable and downloadable for all (media houses
in India unfortunately do not do so and are very proprietary about this).

If you can give me pointers about using the Google Fusion Tables API -
suitably an example that is already out there which can be modified and
used- it would be very useful and I would be very grateful!

Many thanks,
Srinivasan

Best Regards,
Srinivasan V. Ramani ,