[ddj] Data on Brasil

Marcelo Träsel marcelo.trasel at gmail.com
Sun May 25 20:46:12 UTC 2014

Hi, Aleksandra!

You can find statistics about São Paulo here:

http://www.ssp.sp.gov.br/novaestatistica/default.aspx

I didn't find any datasets at the website of the State Security Secretary
for Rio, but you may try to contact them clicking on the "imprensa" link.

http://www.rj.gov.br/web/seseg

Here are the datasets for Rio Grande do Sul:

http://www.ssp.rs.gov.br/?model=conteudo&menu=189

Anyway, as you can see, every one of the 28 federative units of Brazil
pusblishes (or not) their statistics on crime wherever and whenever they
want. Look for "secretaria de segurança", or just contact the State's press
secretary cabinet.

Maybe folks at Sou da Paz NGO can help you too:

http://www.soudapaz.org/

As for homicides, you can check some numbers here:

http://www.mapadaviolencia.org.br/index.php

Good luck!

marcelo träsel
http://www.trasel.com.br