[ddj] Journalists for Human Rights - Data journalism trainer position available in Jordan

Naregh Galoustian naregh at jhr.ca
Wed Nov 5 19:02:45 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share with you an opportunity to work as a journalism trainer
in Jordan with Journalists for Human Rights (JHR) - www.jhr.ca

The main responsibility of the trainer would be working side-by-side with
Jordanian journalists to help them produce human rights-related stories
through using ddj tools and techniques.

Ddj is very new in the country (and in the Middle East), so the trainer
will be part of our current efforts to help build a local/regional hub for
ddj production and expertise pretty much from scratch.

Our work has also seen the development of the first citizen reporting app
in the region, Maidan (
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mydan/id894995723?ls=1&mt=8), that helps
crowdsource video/text/audio reports on human rights issues (and on any
other topic).

If you are interested or know anyone who would be, please circulate the job
posting, which can be found here:
http://www.jhr.ca/en/getinvolved_international.php

Please note that fluency in Arabic is a must.

Feel free to contact me for any questions - thanks very much for your
cooperation!

Best,
Naregh

--

*j**hr** | *Mobilizing media. Changing lives.

*Naregh Galoustian*
*Senior Programs Manager*
e. naregh at jhr.ca <aileen at jhr.ca>
t. 416 413 0240 ext. 211
f. 416 413 1832

w. www.*jhr*.ca <http://www.jhr.ca/>

*j**hr* (Journalists for Human Rights)

147 Spadina Avenue, Suite 206

Toronto, Ontario

M5V 2L7

Help spread human rights awareness worldwide. Donate today
<http://www.jhr.ca/en/donate_hp.php>!
Join jhr on Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/jhrnews> and Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/jhrnews>