[ddj] Geocoding tutorials on the School of Data Blog

Idoia Sota idoiasota at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 18:05:18 UTC 2014

Dear All,

    I'm trying to scrape this map with no success at all:
https://www.icc-ccs.org/piracy-reporting-centre/live-piracy-map/piracy-map-2013
and https://www.icc-ccs.org/piracy-reporting-centre/live-piracy-map

     There are two levels of information in it: the one on the tooltip and
the one on the link that appears on the tooltip.

     I've tryed ScraperWiki (Json), but it gives me an error (I don't even
know if it makes sense to use it). And then tryed to code on scraperwiki,
but getting the html code gave this error (image attached). I seems I need
to have some certificate for the page. Nevertheless, I can see all the data
when I clic on "see the html code of this page". (image 2 attached)

   Can anybody tell me what would it be the best to do with this? Can you
help me? Thank you so much!

Idoia