[ddj] Designing an interactive social graph

Andrew Callaghan Andrew.Callaghan at knightstone.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 13:35:11 UTC 2014

Lovely tool Hooman

Appreciate the share ☺

From: data-driven-journalism [mailto:data-driven-journalism-bounces at lists.okfn.org] On Behalf Of Friedrich Lindenberg
Sent: 19 November 2014 13:19
To: List about Data Driven Journalism and Open Data in Journalism.
Subject: Re: [ddj] Designing an interactive social graph

Hi Hooman,

you've picked two nice examples there, especially the one from CBS is quite cool. You could probably make something fairly similar to that using kumu.io<http://kumu.io>, although I'm not entirely sure they allow you to embed that into other web sites.

If you actually want to program it (which is not simple), the best way to do that would be D3, it has support for so-called "force-directed network graphs". A simpler option may be Sigma.js, which can display files produced with Gephi on the web.

- Friedrich