[ddj] Join us for the Al Jazeera Media in Context Hackathon!

Amelia Longo amelia.longo at secondmuse.com
Mon Sep 22 19:26:00 UTC 2014

Al Jazeera is organizing an international hackathon this fall, and you’re
invited to apply <http://canvas.aljazeera.com/apply/#>.

We’re kicking off Canvas <http://canvas.aljazeera.com/>, a platform for
experimentation, with an inaugural hackathon in Doha, Qatar this November.
If selected, you’ll collaborate with some of the most innovative minds in
media and journalism to imagine the future of news and information.

We’re taking applications from designers, developers, media experts, and
people with a passion for social innovation. We want to assemble a diverse
and enthusiastic group, with a range of experience levels, ages, countries
of origin, genders, and other aspects.

This is a collaborative event, though there will be awards for the most
exciting and innovative solutions, with cash prizes and awards totaling
$50,000 USD. Additionally, Al Jazeera will cover accommodation, food and
travel expenses for selected participants.

Applications are now open <http://canvas.aljazeera.com/apply/#>. We will be
selecting a few lucky applicants for early acceptance by October 1st, so
get your application in soon!

WHERE: Doha, Qatar
WHEN: November 29th – December 1st, 2014
EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 1, 2014
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 17, 2014
APPLICATION FORM & FAQ: http://canvas.aljazeera.com/apply/#

Questions? Email amelia.longo at secondmuse.com

Please forward this email and share on social media using #MediaInContext
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/MediaInContext>. Follow us at @aljazeerair
<https://twitter.com/aljazeerair>.

--
Amelia Longo