[ddj] Computational Journalist / Research Scientist

Nicholas Diakopoulos nad at umd.edu
Tue Aug 11 19:10:42 UTC 2015

Hello!

Sorry for the unsolicited email, but I have a new position open at the
University of Maryland and I wanted to ping you to see if you might have
students, colleagues, friends, or other leads that might be interested.

I’m looking for a research scientist to work on computational journalism
projects relating to algorithmic accountability reporting, news automation
(bots), and data science / journalism. The person would contribute to the
strategic direction of the Computational Journalism Lab at UMD, lead
research projects, and participate in communicating results through both
traditional scholarship and in public facing outlets. The position would be
ideal for someone with demonstrated interest in social science and/or
journalism, as well as skills in programming and computing.

If you think of anyone can you send them my way? Or if you have access to
lists at your institution where interested people congregate, could you
forward this note? Here is the job posting (
https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/35785) and my contact info for any questions
(nad at umd.edu).

Many thanks,
Nick