[ddj] Politician data tools/sites

Andrea Nelson Mauro andrea.nelson.mauro at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 05:45:17 UTC 2015

Dear all,

for the Italian side we have some cases of interest:

- Openpolis <http://openpolis.it> first: they work since 2007, absolutely
pioneers not only in Italy and EU (I think). What they do:

   - tracking the *Parliament debate* before and after the vote of every
   single law/framework with OpenParlamento <http://www.openparlamento.it/>
   (even though data for Italian parliament are widely in open and linked
   formats thanks to dati.camera.it and dati.senato.it)
   - tracking *politician programmes*: by doing quizzes, you might
   understand which party you could vote (here's an example per European
   elections in 2014 <http://europee2014.voisietequi.it/>
   - tracking every decision/change of politicians who jump to new
parties (check
   this post with stats
   <http://blog.openpolis.it/2015/08/03/cambi-di-gruppo-il-valzer-infinito-quota-290/>)
   and their activities (who do more, who do less), check the live toplist
   <http://indice.openpolis.it/>

- Other team of interest is this one behind Pagella Politica
<https://pagellapolitica.it/>: they do an everyday-factchecking of
politician statements.

- You may take a look also to both Termometro Politico
<http://www.termometropolitico.it/> and YouTrend <http://www.youtrend.it/>:
they do similar, essentially to watch polls and results of elections.

Best,
Andrea

Andrea Nelson Mauro - Datajournalist
http://dataninja.it