[ddj] Open Knowledge is looking for a Technical Trainer/Statistical Wizard

Milena Marin milena.marin at okfn.org
Mon Jan 5 10:49:59 UTC 2015

Happy New Year all!

Thought you might be interested in this position from
https://okfn.org/about/jobs/

*From time to time, Open Knowledge
<https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fokfn.org%2F&ei=LDehVPXoEeO57ga2oYDwDg&usg=AFQjCNGFAFMp_rPPEPE0iKM8AVQxgg2s8g&bvm=bv.82001339,d.d24>
requires
temporary support to work with us on short term projects.*

*In early 2015, we will be looking for a host of freelance technical data
trainers with a solid knowledge of statistics to work alongside Open
Knowledge trainers on a series of training events.*

*Freelancers will receive training and support from the Open Knowledge team
to help them prepare for the events and get to work with our amazing team.*

What we are looking for in a trainers:

   - Interest and knowledge of open data - ideally, this person should also
   be able to support other open data in one day like activities.
   - Experience training data analysis and statistics
   - Comfortable leading interactive, hands-on training workshops
   - Good knowledge of statistics and data analysis techniques (no formal
   qualifications necessary but those without an undergraduate degree in
   mathematics will need to show previous statistical analysis or research
   work)
   - Knowledge of major open-source statistical languages and libraries (
   e.g. R, Python , pandas)
   - Knowledge of major proprietary statistical software packages (e.g.
   SPSS, STATA, SAS)

Training opportunities will begin as early as January and be of varying
lengths.

This is a remote working position. We will consider applicants based
anywhere in the world, but if you are within easy reach one of our hubs in
London, Cambridge or Berlin, that may be preferred. Rate of pay is negotiable
and based on experience.

Please email your CV and a short expression of interest to jobs at okfn.org
stating your availability and motivations for taking on this work.

Best,
Milena
--

Milena Marin