[ddj] Visualizing data on a map of Germany (county-level)

Michael Hörz hoerz at michael-hoerz.de
Thu Jun 4 18:26:37 UTC 2015

With the German "Kreise", it's even a bit more strenuous, I know from
own painful experience: Sachsen-Anhalt changed its delimitations in
2007, Sachsen followed in 2008, and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern came in 2011,
thus making all comparisons for entire Germany ranging back before 2011
quite difficult: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gebietsreform#Kreisreform

(You might find it interesting that Mecklenburg-Vorpommern shrunk so
much that the former 18 Landkreise were rendered to mere six, yet it
doesn't make things easier:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kreisgebietsreform_Mecklenburg-Vorpommern_2011)

Cheers,
Michael