[ddj] Journalism tech survey - we need your feedback

Erika Owens erika at opennews.org
Thu Sep 7 12:24:45 UTC 2017

Hello DDJ list,

I am new to this list, but have likely crossed paths with many of you at
various data journalism related events. I work with OpenNews and we have
a survey right now to better understand the people who work at the
intersection of journalism and tech. Would you take a few minutes to
fill it out? https://www.research.net/r/newsnerd2017
<https://www.research.net/r/newsnerd2017>

The News Nerd Survey is made possible by the support of Google News Lab
and the contributions of a community advisory group including Soo Oh,
John S. Knight Fellow; Jennifer Lee of Google News Lab; and Liam Andrew
of The Texas Tribune.

We're really curious to learn more about data journalists around the
world -- how you got into this field, what you teams are like, where you
might be able to us some support. We will share the results in early
December and hope they will help members of the community advocate for
policies that will make our work easier and our journalism better.

If you could also help us spread the word to any colleagues--across the
newsroom or that you know from events or lists--I would be so grateful.
The survey closes on Saturday at 11:59pm Eastern Time so any last minute
help would be wonderful.

Thanks for your time and look forward to your feedback!

-Erika Owens

Erika Owens
Deputy Director, OpenNews
opennews.org | @opennews
skype: erikao12 | @erika_owens

Help us understand who works in journalism tech and how to better support you
Take our News Nerd Survey now: https://www.research.net/r/newsnerd2017
And, please, tell your friends and colleauges. Thank you.