[ddj] Citizen Engagement with Open Government Data

Jp marin diaz jpmarindiaz at datasketch.co
Wed Jul 3 11:03:32 UTC 2019

Hello Arie

In Colombia we at Datasketch (http://datasketch.co) work on several
initiatives for citizen engagement involving open government data:
- The Corruptour <https://corruptour.datasketch.co/> in partnership with
Transparency International. A sightseeing tour to talk about the most
iconic corruption cases in Bogota and other cities. Some mentions here in
french
<https://www.la-croix.com/Monde/Ameriques/CorrupTour-voter-conscience-Colombie-2018-03-09-1200919368>
.
- During the 2018 FIFA world cup we launched a Social Media Campaign with
other organizations in Argentina and Peru to talk about gender equality.
Mention here in english
<https://farenet.org/news/argentine-equality-group-to-use-world-cup-attention-to-advance-gender-mainstreaming-in-football/?lang=es>
and here in spanish
<https://www.baenegocios.com/deportes/Los-paises-que-juegan-elMundial-analizados-a-traves-de-los-DD.HH.-y-la-igualdad-20180624-0005.html>
.
- We also used open data to talk about femicides
<https://www.datasketch.co/p/how-we-used-r-to-raise-alarms-about-feminicides-in-colombia>
in Colombia and worked with an NGO to present 20.000 signatures to the
ministry of interior.

We could share a few more examples if interested. Best

Juan Pablo Marín Díaz
Científico de datos
Director - Datasketch <http://www.datasketch.co/en>