[data-protocols] Google Visualisation API as Query Protocol

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Feb 27 11:03:23 GMT 2012

On 26 February 2012 17:18, Francis Irving <francis at flourish.org> wrote:
> It's obvious, but there is an already existing, and widely adopted by
> one major vendor, API for doing exactly the kind of thing the Data
> Protocols Query Protocol is for.
>
> http://code.google.com/apis/chart/interactive/docs/querylanguage.html#Language_Syntax

Good spot. This is one I failed to copy over from
<http://wiki.ckan.org/Data_Formats> ([1]) when I did the swift-boot of
that page :-)

[1]: http://wiki.ckan.org/Data_Formats#Google_Visualization_API

> I've added it to existing work in git source of this page:
>
> http://www.dataprotocols.org/en/latest/data-query-protocol.html
>
> What do people think of it?

My initial feelings from my original (reasonably brief) look at it was
that it seemed quite reasonable though the downside was that it had
this sql language that wasn't quite sql.

Rufus