[data-protocols] Simple Data Format: straw man

Francis Irving francis at flourish.org
Wed May 16 12:24:38 BST 2012

Thinking about use cases here...

I can imagine wanting to move simple datasets like this between
datahub.io and Fusion Table or similar.

Right now the workflow for that consists of:
1) Export CSV file to your laptop.
2) Upload it to Fusion Tables
3) Tell Fusion Tables what columns etc. to map

What would the new workflow be?

Downloading multiple CSV file(s) and schema files and transfering them
to Fusion Tables (let's assume here we get Google to cooperate and
support the format) seems clunky and harder. Them getting directly
sent has other problems (I suspect needs use of Web Intents).

Or are you thinking of another kind of use case?

Francis

P.S. Love the search data, and search API stuff on that datahub.io
page!