[data-protocols] Datapackage Java library

Ross Jones ross at servercode.co.uk
Thu Jun 20 06:25:35 BST 2013

On 19 Jun 2013, at 21:30, Tryggvi Björgvinsson <tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org> wrote:
> Woah! Putting me to shame. I'm going to update my package so that it includes all of your features (I didn't include things like license etc but that's still important imo).

Not really, I cheated, I use the Google Gson library, so it is just tedious to write, rather than difficult.  I'm surprised I haven't automated writing libs yet based on a JSON doc. Maybe next time ;)

> How are you thinking about validation? Are you going to validate the datapackage.json using json schema or something similar?

Just manually at the moment, I obviously like typing too much :(  Once the validation, writing and reading of the CSV are done, I'll try and get some examples done in a couple of JVM languages to show usage.

Ross