[datahub-discuss] Organizations and dataset ownership/write access

Richard Cyganiak richard at cyganiak.de
Tue Oct 29 07:27:14 UTC 2013

Hi Ross,

On 28 Oct 2013, at 14:35, Ross Jones <ross at servercode.co.uk> wrote:
> I would love to find someone to take ownership of the lodcloud organization. And some volunteers to help with moving stuff out of the Global organization, but neither seem particularly easy to find at the moment :(

Please make me a member of the lodcloud organization. I'm one of the admins of the old lodcloud group. I will try to get some additional people involved with running the org. If anyone reading this would like to volunteer, please speak up :-)

A few questions regarding how to make this new organization model work for us.

1. Are there any urgent administrative tasks pertaining to the organization that should be done?

2 The lodcloud group is not an "organization" as such, but a loose community. In the group, most (but not all) of the dataset creation and editing was done by the people who published the dataset. So there were lots of people who would just edit their one or two datasets. Is this kind of usage compatible with the organization model?

3. Should we recommend that people registering new LOD datasets create organizations now, and create the dataset within the organization?

4. Should we try to move the existing datasets out of the lodcloud organizations to their "real" organizations?

5. Not that I expect to have time to help out with this, but when you say that you seek help with moving stuff out of the Global organization, then *where* do you want to move it? Do you want to create Datahub organizations for all the real organizations publishing these datasets? Who would run/manage these organizations then?

Best,
Richard