[datahub-discuss] Datahubio outdated datasets

Timothy Lebo lebot at rpi.edu
Mon Aug 18 20:50:44 UTC 2014

Thanks for outlining the tradeoffs, Ivan.

In the case of http://datahub.io/dataset/riese, I would certainly hope it is dropped from the lodcloud group.
That would “deprecate” it quite a bit.

Adding a tag “discontinued” would be a lightweight option to establish the distinction you identify.
Since all of the lodcloud group datasets were also tagged “lod”, then we’d still have the “discontinued” “lod” datasets with a combination of two tags.
I don’t think that the “tag space size” and capitalization concerns outweigh this option.
“discontinued” I hope is self-explanatory enough to not need a description.

I’m still confused between the “organizations replaced groups” features of CKAN, so I’d recommend avoiding those options.
Also, a group/organization involves more overhead than the “dead” datasets deserve, I would think.

-Tim

Timothy Lebo
lebot at rpi.edu
https://impactstory.org/TimothyLebo