[datahub-discuss] Merging {br, cz, ie, it, no}.ckan.net into datahub.io and shutting them down

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Oct 3 16:46:51 UTC 2014

On 3 October 2014 16:40, Maurizio Napolitano <maurizio.napolitano at okfn.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have a bunch of old community instances: {br,cz,ie,it,no}.ckan.net
> >
> > It would sensible at this point to merge these into datahub.io and shut
> > these down (it will also save significant resources).
> >
> > What do people think?
>
> Totaly agree.
> It's better have only one ckan istance.
> I like have only datahub.io

Great. Would there be someone from Open Knowledge Italy who would be owner
of the "Italy" organization on DataHub.io - that's what we'll import the
data into.

Also anyone who'd like to help out with the import?

Rufus

> There is the possibility to add an harvester from the italian open
> government data catalog?
> http://www.dati.gov.it/catalog

Which direction? Setting up your own harvester shouldn't be hard - it is
just a script to pull (meta)data from one place and push to another.

Rufus