[datahub-discuss] Introducing some metadata and muself

P. Harry E. Coenen pharryecoenen at aol.com
Wed Jun 3 13:58:50 UTC 2015

Hi and hello to everyone on the list,

I've seen some of your stuff on openhealthcare and elsewhere, and as a
data-squirrel could add a little, probably a lot.

First, anyone can subscribe to TRUD at

http://www.uktcregistration.nss.cfh.nhs.uk/

and get access to most NHS metadata

together with http://www.datadictionary.nhs.uk/

it should make analytical life a lot easier.

The only stuff missing for members of the public are the ICD10 training
manuals (WHO copyright?) and some postcode+national grid related stuff from
the ODS (ONS and postoffice copyrights)

Second, I've seen some of your data scraping attempts of old and new NHS
sites

Did the same myself for:

http://www.hscic.gov.uk/

https://data.england.nhs.uk/

http://data.gov.uk/

https://indicators.ic.nhs.uk/webview/

and probably with better results

Will put the extracts (links + related metadata) in Excel files on my Google
drive and post the links here so you can grab it and make it accessible for
anyone.

And finally, I do analytics 24/7 as hobby, and as job (if bills need paying)
contracting with NHS clients and private sector.

Usually analytics related to commissioning, contracting, finance, but also
public health, social care.

Happy to share all of it (insofar as laws, regulations, and the occasional
contract, permit)

Cheers

Harry