[drn-discuss] illustrators argue against orphan works proposal

rufus.pollock at okfn.org rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Mar 20 10:38:50 PST 2005

Thought this might interest the list for its illustration of one of the
standard reactions by artists' groups to attempts to amend/reduce
copyright (in this case the orphan works proposal in the US). We need to think carefully how to address such concerns and demonstrate that such proposals, be it CC, term reduction, registration requirements, etc are not 'anti-artist'.

Regards,

Rufus

--

--
Colin Mutchler
http://activefreemedia.org

http://listenup.org
Listen Up! is a youth media network that connects young producers and
their allies to resources, support, and projects to develop the field
and achieve an authentic youth voice in the mass media.