[drn-discuss] Orlowski attacks again

Nathan Lewis nathan_lewis at mac.com
Sun Apr 16 21:53:35 BST 2006

Hi Everyone,

There was a piece in Thursday's Guardian newspaper that I admit I
didn't notice until it got slashdotted today. He was attacking
Wikipedia I guess on break from attacking the Creative Commons. Cory
Doctorow wrote a good piece about his tactics here
http://www.boingboing.net/2006/01/11/correcting_the_recor.html
I don't claim either Wikipedia or the Creative Commons are perfect but
I do think they should be defended against a smears. I don't think
ignoring them is the right answer. I wrote to the Guardian asking them
not to run articles by him because they are biased.

What do you think the best approach is?

Cheers,

Nathan