[ECODP-dev] Translations for other languages

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Wed Apr 17 13:54:37 UTC 2013

Dear Norbert,

I just wanted to follow up from our discussion on this in the project call
yesterday. As discussed we will review the translation files and remove as
many terms as possible to reduce the amount of translation work needed.

We will be able to complete this by the end of next week at the latest and
will let you know when the shortened files are available on Transifex.

The translation files are simply text files with the key values in.
Therefore if the translation office would prefer not to use Transifex they
could simply edit the files using a text editor such as notepad++ (It does
need to be a text editor rather than MS word though). Obviously using
Transifex does have has the advantage of giving editors a better interface
for entering the translations and viewing which terms still need to be
translated.

Please just let me know if you have any questions or would like to discuss
at all.

Best,

Darwin

Darwin Peltan