[ECODP-dev] Fwd: [ODP] mockups for 00.08

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Mon Feb 4 10:59:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

Some points from me:
* This is a major redesign - Therefore it would make sense to do this at
the same time as upgrading to CKAN 2.0 - (CKAN 2.0 introduces a new theming
system so it wouldn't make sense to create a new theme for 1.8 as we'd have
to do quite a lot of work to make when we upgrade to 2.0. Overall I'd
suggest skipping 1.8 and going direct to CKAN 2.0)
* This design is an improvement over the existing design but CKAN 2.0 has a
better default UX which any new design should be based upon. - I didn't
know they were doing this or I would have suggested this earlier
* We should also build in time to do user testing of any new design prior
to it being built to find any usability issues
* This design is OK but I think we could improve on this

Darwin

Darwin Peltan
Project Manager

The Open Knowledge Foundation