[ECODP-dev] LOD2 CKAN tech question

Bert Van Nuffelen bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com
Fri Feb 22 16:16:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

in the context of LOD2 Karel is creating an dataset and resource upload
from a Linked Data workbench to a CKAN instance. For testing he uses the
ODP.
Now he is blocked in some aspects of the REST-calls to be executed, if this
is at all possible.

Can you assist him?

thanks a lot.
hereunder is the question.

Bert

----
Hi,

I have been trying to get the CKAN upload to work in the case of the LOD2
project. I noted however that our CKAN repository expects some the
package_create call to have some parameters that have not been documented
in the api (http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/apiv3.html#action-api).

For instance, when I send the following json document to the server
{"name":"testCKANcreate","
notes":"Testing whether we can create a CKAN package","title":"ckan package
test","url":"http://localhost:8080/index.html","version":"1.0"}

The server returns an error message:
{success:false,
 help: "<long documentation string here, same as api>",
 error: {"__type": "Validation Error",
          "status": ["Missing value"],
          "description": ["Missing value"],
          "published_by": ["Missing value"]}}

When i enter testing values, the system complains (correctly) that the
published_by name is not found in the system.

My question is: is this behavior specific to our CKAN repository at the ODP
project? Because if it is, the LOD2 project will not be able to communicate
with just any CKAN repository, which is too bad.

Karel