[ECODP-dev] Dataset issue resolved

Bert Van Nuffelen bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com
Thu Jan 24 21:58:53 UTC 2013

Hi Darwin,

what was the fix? as it was from a backup created with a script
following the rules specified by Ian
on a system release 00.07.00. So this has to work.

If the name is disappeared then there is an indication of an important issue.

* is the backup containing all the data?
* can a backup of rel 00.07.00 be inserted in rel 00.07.50?
* is there a change in ckan rel 00.07.00 - rel 00.07.50 which requires
additional fields? Different constraints?

Also, I am really concerned about the fact that RDF2CKAN execution,
hence REST calls to CKAN, can lead to a corrupted DB.
This should be avoided at any time. The outside semantics is that
either the REST calls are atomic: either they completely succeed
either they fail and then all changes to the DB regarding this call
are retracted. Can you confirm this is the case?
It happened with this release. That is all I know at the moment.

Also, What is the procedure for the PO if they encounter this
situation? What do they have to do? Suppose only 1 dataset is in this
situation, can CKAN detect that and provide a mean to clean up the
database?

btw, this is "life data". The data is injested by rdf2ckan from
publishers contributed rdf2ckan-packages.
This is the procedure we have provided to PO.
So any issue we see here is a real topic to solve.

kind regards,

Bert