[ECODP-dev] release 00.09.00 improvements

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Fri Jul 12 08:08:33 UTC 2013

Hi Bert,

Thanks for confirming that the ingestion performance wasn't due to CKAN or
any of the code we provided for the last release and I'm glad we were able
to help you identify the error in your script.

Just to clarify that this bug meant that up to 20k resources were being
created each time a new dataset was created. This obviously slowed the
import significantly as each dataset create call also asked for so many
resources to be created (by the end of the import the database contained 20
million resources).

Whilst this bug caused the import to get progressively slower (as the
number of resources to be added to each new dataset increased), CKAN coped
very well with this unusual situation.

Best,

Darwin