[ECODP-dev] supervizor & celery

John Glover john.glover at okfn.org
Mon Jun 3 15:13:52 UTC 2013

- The .git folder seems to have been removed from the folders
in /applications/ecodp/users/ecodp/ckan/ecportal/src, do you know why?
> We do not want .git folders or svn inside there. It must be a clean
system.

I am not sure that I understand how having a .git folder is not clean. It
does however make it considerably harder for us to verify exactly which
version of CKAN and extensions you are currently running and will generally
slow down the testing process. We also don't want to add the overhead of
bumping a version number somewhere every time we do a commit. This is also
a change from the current system (that has never come up previously) so it
would be good if you could add these back please.

- The config files also currently seem to be in the virtualenv folder (and
symlinked from the /applications/ecodp/users/ecodp/ckan/conf), is there a
reason that they are not just directly in the conf directory?
>Probably because as far as I know this was the working configuration.
Consult also this with Bert.

Are the config files copied here from scratch every time the package is
built? One of the config files (who.ini) is at the same path as a version
that comes with CKAN, so it a bit dangerous to me to have these files in
this location in case one is accidentally overwritten. I would recommend
placing them directly in the conf directory to avoid any confusion. Where
are there master versions of these config files that I can change if I need
to (I assume on the build server somewhere)?

- How would you like me to test the upgrade to CKAN 1.8, do you want me to
do it manually on odp.tenforce.com or do you want to build the new package
and run through the various steps yourself (which I can send on shortly)?
>Well any installation must go through the new way. from git to rpm and
from rpm to the final destination. This loop is necessary. We only need to
pull changes and build new rpm according to your directions

Ok, I will send on upgrade instructions in a separate email.

Thanks,
John