[ECODP-dev] supervizor & celery

John Glover john.glover at okfn.org
Mon Jun 3 15:44:59 UTC 2013

Hi Bert,

>> - The .git folder seems to have been removed from the folders in
>> /applications/ecodp/users/ecodp/ckan/ecportal/src, do you know why?
>>> We do not want .git folders or svn inside there. It must be a clean
>>> system.
>>
>> I am not sure that I understand how having a .git folder is not clean. It
>> does however make it considerably harder for us to verify exactly which
>> version of CKAN and extensions you are currently running and will
generally
>> slow down the testing process. We also don't want to add the overhead of
>> bumping a version number somewhere every time we do a commit. This is
also a
>> change from the current system (that has never come up previously) so it
>> would be good if you could add these back please.
>>
>This is a security ticket from PO. So sorry no, they will not be included.

Can you elaborate on this? I was unaware of this item and it's not obvious
to me how this could be a security issue.

>> Are the config files copied here from scratch every time the package is
>> built? One of the config files (who.ini) is at the same path as a version
>> that comes with CKAN, so it a bit dangerous to me to have these files in
>> this location in case one is accidentally overwritten. I would recommend
>> placing them directly in the conf directory to avoid any confusion. Where
>> are there master versions of these config files that I can change if I
need
>> to (I assume on the build server somewhere)?
>>
>So those conf files can be placed at any location?

Yes, although you would need to make sure that:
- the apache config is looking for the wsgi.py file in the conf dir
- the wsgi.py file is looking for ecportal.ini in the conf dir
- the ecportal.ini file is looking for who.ini in the conf dir

Thanks,
John