[ECODP-dev] CKAN release notes for 09.00

John Glover john.glover at okfn.org
Mon Jun 17 08:21:11 UTC 2013

Hi Bert,

Yes I would not expect the live database to be upgraded in place, and the
procedure that you describe sounds fine to me.

> => how is that related to the json's I pointed you in the /ckan/data
> directory. Does the process imports them from there? If not, how do we
> configure CKAN to take the data from there.

I don't follow your question about the vocabularies. I mentioned in a
previous email that these can be updated using our API, copied again here
for reference:

Those JSON files were not intended to be the official way of updating the
vocabularies. We use them to do the initial database setup, but I did not
even know that you had your own copy of them in the RPM. However, as all of
this information is stored in the database, it can be updated using the API.

To view or update vocabularies, see:
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/apiv3.html#ckan.logic.action.get.vocabulary_list
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/apiv3.html#ckan.logic.action.get.vocabulary_show
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/apiv3.html#ckan.logic.action.create.vocabulary_create
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/apiv3.html#ckan.logic.action.update.vocabulary_update

To view or update translations, see:
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/apiv3.html#ckan.logic.action.get.term_translation_show
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.8/apiv3.html#ckan.logic.action.update.term_translation_update_many

> => For the Operations Manual. How does PO can update the translations
> themselves?
> does this affects the management of the publishers with their
translations?

I am also not sure what you mean here, are you asking how the PO can update
the vocabulary translations? This would be the same as the answer above,
using the API.

Regards,
John