[ECODP-dev] ODP Performance of http://open-data.europa.eu/open-data/data

ISOARD Olivier (OP) Olivier.ISOARD at publications.europa.eu
Mon Mar 4 07:51:01 UTC 2013

Bastiaan,

The symptom you described is actual present from the very beginning of the production mid 12/2012. Nothing new there.

For info, after complementary testing we did, our conclusion is that the response time for a particular dataset directly depends on publisher is belongs to. More the publisher has dataset published on ODP, more the response time is low. If you do the test yourself and test (1) with PUBL and (2) with ESTAT, we will see that the response time is much faster for PUBL than for ESTAT, because on 1 hand there are only 12 DS published and on the other hand, more than 5000 DS.

So, it’s normal you cannot get the same figures from your testing env, as it only contains 50 dataset maximum. Load it with 6000 DS and you will see.

PS: We have more and more the feeling that CKAN is not that well design to host such amount of data. It’s probably OK for a PoC or a prototype, probably not for a production system…

regards

Olivier ISOARD
Projets Informatiques

Office des publications de l'Union européenne
Direction A – Core Business Services
Unité A3 - Projets Informatiques

2985 Luxembourg • LUXEMBOURG
Tel: +352 292942360 • Fax: +352 292944604
olivier.isoard at publications.europa.eu<mailto:olivier.isoard at publications.europa.eu>
http://publications.europa.eu<http://publications.europa.eu/>