[ECODP-dev] Fwd: Re: nginx & ip hash

Dimitrios Mexis dimitrios.mexis at tenforce.com
Tue Oct 1 08:46:51 UTC 2013

Hello John,
can you give more details regarding to the following paragraph in System
Operation manual [remind : nginx is not shipped with release 01 ]

    are you aware of this paragraph in system manual ?
    what is the implication to remove it for release 01 ?
    what can we say alternatevely for the situation without nginx ?

    *Note*: as we now have to store information in the beaker session,
    the CKAN instance frontend will need to be able to read this data
    for a user to remain logged in. So if using multiple frontends (load
    balanced), then either they will all need to share a session
    directory, or IP-hashing should be enabled at the proxy so that
    requests from the same IP address are sent to the same frontend.

    IP hashing can be enabled in NGINX by adding 'ip_hash' to an
    upstream block. See http://wiki.nginx.org/HttpUpstreamModule#ip_hash
    for more information:

Regards
Dimitrios