[ECODP-dev] documentation of the CKAN model

Bert Van Nuffelen bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com
Wed Oct 9 12:15:57 UTC 2013

Hi John and Darwin,

attached you find the mapping from the RDF model to the CKAN model used by
RDF2CKAN.

I would like you to complete the next columns:

* CKAN value definition
  The value restrictions imposed by CKAN on that field
* CKAN field in DB
  The name of the field in CKAN.

I also looked into the SOLR scheme you pointed to in a previous email.

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-ecportal/blob/master/ckanext/ecportal/solr/schema.xml

This provides the actual implementation state, but it does not provide
insight w.r.t. the EU ODP setup. What I wonder is if all these fields are
relevant: e.g.

<field name="depends_on" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true"/>
    <field name="dependency_of" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true"/>
    <field name="derives_from" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true"/>
    <field name="has_derivation" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true"/>
    <field name="links_to" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true"/>
    <field name="linked_from" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
multiValued="true"/>

Also how the Field Name maps to the ckan json fields.
E.g.
 <field name="author" type="textgen" indexed="true" stored="true" />
    <field name="author_email" type="textgen" indexed="true" stored="true"
/>

In none of the json that we use the word "author" is mentioned.

Can you provide documentation on this?

thanks,

Bert

--
Bert Van Nuffelen

Semantic Technologies Software Architect at TenForce
www.tenforce.be

Bert.Van.Nuffelen at tenforce.com
Office: +32 (0)16 31 48 60
Mobile:+32 479 06 24 26