[ECODP-dev] adding a resource to a dataset in the web interface

John Glover john.glover at okfn.org
Mon Oct 14 14:23:46 UTC 2013

Hi Bert,

On 14 October 2013 16:03, Bert Van Nuffelen
<bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com>wrote:

> Hi John,
>

> 2013/10/14 John Glover <john.glover at okfn.org>
>
>> Hi Bert,
>>

>> On 14 October 2013 15:36, Bert Van Nuffelen <
>> bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>> Did you play the scenario?
>>>

>>  Yes.

>> because if you look at the steps you will see that all of a sudden the
>>> description field has a value...
>>>

>> This is not clear at all from the slides. The slide that has a
>> description value is called 'Add name and description', so I assumed that
>> the description was manually added. Is this not the case? I cannot recreate
>> the steps to get a description that automatically appears like this.
>>

> The problem are before: it is the effect we see in step 3 and step 4 which
> are not self-explaining.

This is the 'name' field and not the 'description', so I think that I have
explained this. Let me know if something is still unclear.

>>> Is this not a definition of a default value?
>>>

>> That depends on how you want to define it I suppose. There is nothing
>> stored in the database, so to me there is no actual value (but something
>> user friendly is shown at display time). But we can call it a default value
>> if you prefer.
>>

> Well, the effect for the user is the same (see the difference between the
> view in step 2 and step 4).
>
> Additionally, it is always 'web page' or is it bound to the value of the
> Resource Type field?

It is just hardcoded to the string 'Web Page' at the moment, this is
totally independent of any values in the resource object.

Regards,
John