[ECODP-dev] Fwd: CKAN 2.0

Darwin Peltan darwin.peltan at okfn.org
Wed Oct 30 12:02:55 UTC 2013

Forwarding to list for reference

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Darwin Peltan <darwin.peltan at okfn.org>
Date: 30 October 2013 12:02
Subject: Re: CKAN 2.0
To: "HOHN Norbert (OP)" <Norbert.HOHN at publications.europa.eu>
Cc: "ZAJAC Agnieszka (OP)" <Agnieszka.ZAJAC at publications.europa.eu>

Dear Norbert,

There is an overview available in the blog post at the link below and the
attached PDF has a bit more information.
http://ckan.org/2013/05/13/announcing-ckan-2-0/

There is also a demo instance at the link below. You can create an account
there and try adding a new dataset using the new interface etc.

http://demo.ckan.org/

With regards to upgrading to 2.x there is some guidance at the link below
(see the bottom of the article).
http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/upgrade-package-ckan-1-to-2.html

The main issues would be
- The templating framework we use has changed between ckan 1.8 and 2.x so
the templates would need to be recreated
- Publisher authorisation has changed slightly so this would need to be
migrated

The team carrying out the upgrade would also need to test each feature that
has been developed within the EU ODP extension to check it's compatible
with CKAN 2.x. Some features may need modification to make them compatible
with 2.0 but it's not really possible to say how much work would be needed
without having done this analysis.

Best,

Darwin

*Darwin Peltan*

*Project Manager  |  skype: darwinp  |  twitter:
@darwin<http://twitter.com/darwin>
*

*The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/>*

*Empowering through Open Knowledge*