[ECODP-dev] CKAN behaviour when sent invalid RDF

John Glover john.glover at okfn.org
Wed Sep 25 12:41:01 UTC 2013

Hi Bert,

To confirm what we discussed earlier, if invalid RDF is sent as part of a
dataset create/update command, CKAN will log the error message from the RDF
parser (which I believe is the source of that error about a missing ';'
character that you see in the logs) and will then ignore the RDF field for
that particular dataset. The rest of the dataset create/update will
continue as normal, assuming that there are no other validation errors.
When you view the RDF for this dataset, you will therefore get the version
that is generated by CKAN instead of the version in the request.

There is a related issue. A script is included with this release that
migrates the RDF data in the database to the new namespace. If for some
reason a particular RDF entry cannot be converted, this will be logged by
the script but the problematic RDF entry will not be modified.

Regards,
John