[ECODP-dev] Production database size

Bert Van Nuffelen bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com
Mon Sep 30 09:21:31 UTC 2013

Hi John,

some further clarification is required I believe.

*) the dump could be one of release 00.08.0x in which these plugins are
active.
*) If it would be a release 00.09.0x version then we need some CKAN
deployment/management clarification.

   Lets look at our release 01.00.00 (which setup is close to 00.09.00)
     a) it contains in the $USERHOME/ckan/ecportal/src/ckanext-archiver
directory
     b) inside the $USERHOME/ckan/ecportal/src/ckan directory there is the
datastorer directory
     c) the ecportal.ini does not contain a reference to datastorer nor
archiver in the next parameter:
            ckan.plugins = synchronous_search ecportal ecportal_form
ecportal_publisher_form ecportal_controller ecportal_multilingual_dataset
ecportal_homepage multilingual_group multilingual_tag

   So
       * is archiver active in release 01.00.00?
       * is datastore active in release 01.00.00?

kind regards,

Bert

2013/9/26 John Glover <john.glover at okfn.org>

> Hi Bert,
>
> No, purge_revision_history and purge_package_extra_revision (spelled with
> underscores when accessed through the API) are two separate calls. The
> former purges old data from the resource_revision database table, and the
> latter removes old data from package_extra_revision. Both tables store old
> versions of data relating to datasets, and so both should be run regularly
> due to the large number of daily updates.
>
> Regards,
> John
>

> On 26 September 2013 17:06, Bert Van Nuffelen <
> bert.van.nuffelen at tenforce.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> thanks for the investigation.
>>
>> Is the api call
>>
>> api.purge=http://localhost:8008/data/api/action/purge_revision_history
>>
>> equal to the purge-package-extra-revision paster command?
>>
>> kind regards,
>>
>> Bert
>>

>> 2013/9/26 John Glover <john.glover at okfn.org>
>>
>>> Hi Bert,
>>>
>>> I have had a look at the PO database dump. The sizes of the largest
>>> tables are as follows:
>>>
>>> public.kombu_message                           | 15 GB
>>> pg_toast.pg_toast_78586                        | 3662 MB
>>> public.task_status                             | 1548 MB
>>> public.package_extra_revision                  | 811 MB
>>> public.task_status_entity_id_task_type_key_key | 670 MB

Bert.Van.Nuffelen at tenforce.com
Office: +32 (0)16 31 48 60
Mobile:+32 479 06 24 26
skype: bert.van.nuffelen