[epsi-coord] publica as mission meeting

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:49:34 BST 2011

Hi all,

'Pointing to epsiplatform.eu' is not the consideration when it comes to
Mission Meetings. They're not meant for advertising epsiplatform.eu. We
define a mission meeting as (emphasis mine):

3.5.1 Mission Meetings: *Bringing the PSI story to new places*

In total at twenty-four events core team members will *bring the message of
PSI re-use to places where that debate can be stimulated with awareness
raising*.

Of these 24, 8 events will be supported with *providing advice, speakers,
contacts, coverage and seed capital, and by allowing the use of the ePSI
platform 2.0 brand*.

At the other 16 events we will actively *participate to raise awareness with
presentations and workshops*.

For these events we will actively seek invitations and will be* especially
looking to participate in places and Member States where the PSI debate
currently is not very well developed*.

These events also offer a valuable opportunity for face to face
conversations with local stakeholders at and outside of the event, as well
as an opportunity to collect user stories.

So the question must be: are we there to raise awareness about PSI re-use,
and is it a place that needs that awareness raising?
If you can answer those questions with yes, then let's call it a mission
meeting.

My thoughts on the question at hand:
Running an entire track on open data seems a sizable contribution to raising
awareness with a wider audience.
Also Germany is a country where gov certainly can use more citizen generated
pressure to get moving, esp as they have a large say in the upcoming PSI
Directive review.
We of course must be somewhat selective, but I would rather have more than
the stated 24 mission meetings, so it's not a question if this can be '1 of
24', as 24+ is a much better number :)

If we can have the re:publica program also actually state that we are
supporting them in this by having Daniel there, that would be awesome as
well.

Does that help Daniel?

best,
Ton