[epsi-coord] catching up w Jonathan / OKF

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:02:51 BST 2011

hi all,

had a chat with Jonathan this afternoon to catch up on all of the stuff that
is going on.

Some of the things we discussed:
OGD Camp: I/we'll do a session on mapping, connecting and strengthening the
Central/Eastern European open data network. A type of meet and greet session
to bring people together, and at the same time strengthen both epsi's and
okfn's ties to them. It's our biggest blank spot at the moment. Esp in
countries like Romania, Hungary.

OGD Camp: the travel bursary. Epsi will not provide funds for this. But
there is some discussion of a government body possibly putting up travel
funds. Epsi could volunteer to help prioritize requests to that funding in
an advisory capacity.  This is something for us to discuss as a team.

OGD Camp: I've joined the organizers mailing list, to bring in the epsi
perspective there

OGD Camp: Personally I think I'll try to do a session on how open data is a
instrument/tool for governments themselves to do their own work.

OGD Camp: Do we know anybody or any organization you think *must* be invited
to the OGD Camp in Warsaw in October? Let me know, and I'll forward.

Romania: Both I and Jonathan have been building a few contacts there now.
We'll be trying to connect them and start an OKF Romania mailing list.
Possibly do a workshop there in the fall, or early 2012.

Guest blogging: we'll start cross-posting Member State connected guest
postings from the OKF blog in a more structured way. Ton will discuss with
Daniel how to do this in practice.

Idea: in the new website, find a way of visualizing the timeline of
re-use/OGD developments in a country.

best,
Ton
Interdependent Thoughts