[epsi-coord] Inception report - first topic report!

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 20:16:09 GMT 2011

Tom wrote:
"*One other thing caught my eye.* We also have to produce a monthly topic
report. I'd very much like to write the first one, but we need to establish
a subject. Naturally, we will focus on this in the KoM as well, but how
would you feel about a piece on all the different data portals that exist in
Europe today. We could do a nice inventory, do some core statistics (e.g.
number of datasets, number of Linked data sets), and interview the CKAN
developers/project leads about the direction this is going to take?"

The topic reports need to be agreed upon with the EC first. They need to ok
a list of proposed topics. Also have a look at the topic reports in the
current platform, so you see what's already been done.
Just this fall a report on data portals / catalogues has been cancelled by
the EC as developments seemed to go so fast a report would be running behind
by default almost.
I do think however that we can put together a decent report in the way Tom
suggest. But we need the EC's approval for it first.

best
Ton
Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra