[epsi-coord] update

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Tue Mar 29 17:23:18 BST 2011

Dear All,

On 29.03.2011, at 12:02, Tom Kronenburg wrote:

> An update to all, please be aware we have added some actions in here!
>
> PSI Scoreboard
> The PSI Scoreboard is online. We have decided we know really start to need Juan Pelegrin's input. @Tom: call Juan and try to activate him.
>
> I have also looked into possible ways of representing the data. I have already 2 offers who estimate some €3000,- to develop a tool with the look and feel of the OKF's energy data tool. @Daniel: can you also provide us with a quote from the guy who developed that? If he is in the same region i'd like to ask every one an artists impression about how they believe the tool should look like. Also, i have thought about it, and feel that the energy tool's underlying data structure needs to be altered a little bit.

I will ask, confirm and come back on this asap.

> THe 3000 or so euro's are not accounted for in the budget, so it will have to come out of our own paychecks. Marc and i propose to still do it, because it will give our EC contacts something to brag about to their friends and co-workers, thus having probably much more impact and do much more for continuation of the project then just a table. The alternatives are indeed such a plain table, or i create a pdf monthly, both of which wouldn't give the EC very much 'visual coolness'.
>
> Topic Report
> I am working on the first topic report. I use 15/4 as an internal deadline for this report. You'll be updated as soon as there is more news. @Katleen, do you have any of your materials about the public consultations for me? I have also gotten stuff from Marc and Ton that i greatly appreciate.
>
> Website
> @Ton: can you please give us an update on the website process?
>
> Weekly meetings
> Last few meetings haven't been that well attended. Personal reasons aside, i believe we all need to get this into our system. Close communication is vital for doing this project for another 2 or 4 years. If we get used to it now, there will be much less need for it later. So I'd appreciate it if you are all there the coming months.
>
> List of sources/resources
> Daniel will contact Ton about it!

@Ton: I would like to start working on / contributing to this task. Would be great to agree on how to share forces on this task. I understand that this kind of aggregation of contacts and recourses goes beyond the aggregation of feeds as you have already stared with. Would be great to have a quick chat to define what information should be covered and agree on work share (e.g. gathering information country by country).

I will be online tomorrow all day - so we might be able to catch up?

Regards
Daniel