[epsi-coord] Urgent: we need to talk about epsiplatform.eu site maintenance

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 21:54:13 GMT 2011

Hi Jason, Rufus

We urgently need to clarify the role of OKF in keeping the epsiplatform
running. This is the second time in short sequence the site is down. This
is a very undesirable situation, and I'm not getting the feeling OKF is
realizing that it has a task in this. Even though Nils has been helpful and
competent in his work. It however does not seem that OKF realizes it has
made a commitment as part of the epsiplatform.eu contract with the European
Commission to make sure the hosting arrangement for the epsiplatform.eu is
working as it should. As is shown by Nils asking me every now and then what
type of 'service level' I have arranged with the OKF. As if I'm the client,
in stead of you and us being in the same boat as contractors to the EC.

Let's discuss at your earliest convenience (preferably Friday afternoon, on
Skype) how the OKF is going to tackle this. I understand the plan is to
move the current hosting solution to your regular hoster in December, but
it seems that needs to be done asap in stead.

best,

Ton
Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra