[epsi-coord] proposed mail to Juan

Ton Zijlstra ton.zijlstra at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:54:40 BST 2011

Hi all, proposed text for Juan.

Dear Juan,

Having just finished our weekly conference call with the ePSIplatform team,
I am mailing you with some updates.

First of all, you asked to do a conference call to discuss the scoreboard.
We would in the same call also like to talk if possible about the outline
for the conference to be held in 2012. Would you have time for a conference
call on Friday morning (30 Sept), at e.g. 10.15?

The some updates on practical things:

*Website*: we are currently making the new website available in the test
environment of our production server, including migrating the existing
content into the new website. I'm still maintaining Oct 1st as our target
for having that ready, provided we don't run into technical issues along the
way. Once we're then sure everything is in order, we'll switch to the new
site as the new platform. I will send you the link to the test site for the
new platform later this week.

*Conference*:

[[Marc paragraaf]] We'd like to hear your thoughts and discuss our draft
Friday in the conference call.

*Scoreboard*: Tom has worked out an adapted approach to the indicators,
based on your feedback earlier this month. I will be sending you a draft
version tonight, which we'd like to discuss with you in the conference call
Friday.

*Legal cases etc*:  9 descriptions of legal cases have been uploaded during
the summer weeks, and are on-line. Products and Services will be show cased
in the new site, as we are using a slightly different way of formatting the
content. Events: are tracked through our event calendar
http://www.epsiplatform.eu/european_psi_open_data_events.

*Fact sheets*: The fact sheets will be uploaded to our Scribd account and
published on the platform. We have new topics for fact sheets lined up.
Where the first batch covered legal aspects mostly, in the next fact sheets
we plan to focus on more practical and technical aspects:

- data journalism

- (emerging) data tools

- linked government data

and how PSI re-use can create value in:

- new products / services

- participation

- self-empowerment

- new knowledge

- efficient government

- effective government

- transparency

In your e-mail you mentioned that some key issues might still be missing
from the list of fact sheets. During the conference call we'd like to
discuss with you on what other topics you'd like to see covered, provided
they're not in the list mentioned above.

Thank you also for your feedback on the Topic Reports, we will be publishing
them shortly, as well as pushing for attention to them in an e-mail to the
stakeholders (also covering e.g. the speech last week by Commissioner Kroes
and the now published study of Graham Vickery )

best,

Ton
Interdependent Thoughts
Ton Zijlstra