[epsi-coord] Plenary 2 proposal: challenging ourselves

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Thu Dec 20 17:23:20 GMT 2012

Hi all,

I think the program is really taking shape and looks quite promising. Thanks to Marc and all involved! However I am a unhappy with our ideas of plenary 2 (16.00 – 17.00: Plenary 2 – what can we take home?)

I think our current plans are boring and would like to suggest the following:

Having a provocative very interactive plenary debate about "can we (the open data movement) deliver what we promise" and have a critical debate on why there are so little re-use success stories, why the impact of open data initiatives is so hard to measure and how we can try to answer this kind of questions.

Potential panelists:

- someone from ODI
- someone from world bank
- someone from web foundation
- someone from government

moderator Tim Davies or Andrew Stott

What do you think?

--
Daniel Dietrich
Open Data evangelist; Open Knowledge Foundation

www.ddie.me
twitter.com/ddie
+49 176 327 685 30
+49 30 57703666 0