[epsi-coord] update chat I had with Ton + integration with action list 30/1/12

Daniel Dietrich daniel.dietrich at okfn.org
Wed Feb 1 17:01:59 GMT 2012

Hi Hans

Good writing! I like it very much. Lets hope the EC doesn't consider it too ambitiously.

I guess the judging criteria is one point of potential criticism. How would we define and measure:

"include economic impact, socio-political impact, actual uptake by the public, effective collaboration between public and private sector, etc"

In other awards the criteria was simpler. See the mother of all open data competitions:

1. Usefulness to the citizens, visitors and government of Washington DC
2. Potential for application to be useful for other governmental bodies outside of DC
3. Appeal of the application from a usability perspective
4. Inventive and original nature of the application

http://www.appsfordemocracy.org/guide-to-creating-your-own-apps-for-democracy/

Daniel