[epsi-coord] draft official (follow up) invitation message for Conference speakers - for discussion this afternoon

Marc de Vries info at devriesmarc.nl
Mon Feb 13 14:41:21 GMT 2012

Dear all,

I have drafted a (follow) up message for all speakers, so that we can
synchronize the communications.

The colours refer to the three types of contributors that we have:

Yellow - introductory speaker parallel session

Pink - moderator

Green - key note speaker

I would like to pick up any changes on the fly during the conference call
this afternoon, so please walk through before that. Tom, Daniel: please
communicate any changes before tonight 20.00. After that I will upload the
final version, so it can serve as the official document towards all
contributors (not the other participants, for that we use the anonimised
version as available now on the website, until we have (almost all)
confirmations).

Reg. M.

+++++++++++

Dear [   ]

I hope this message finds you well.

Within the framework of the ePSI Platform (a project financed by DG INFSO) I
am in the process of organizing the '
<http://epsiplatform.eu/content/join-us-epsiplatform-conference-2012> 2012
ePSI Platform Conference: taking re-use to the next level', which will be
held  on 16 March in Rotterdam. We expect around 300 Open Data stakeholders
(over 220 have booked so far) to convene at the and as such it will be one
of the largest Open Data events ever held, and will serve as a landmark
where new policy issues were put on the agenda, where people first met and
where new ideas and concepts were sparked. The Conference will combine 3
inspiring plenary sessions bringing together keynote speakers and 12
interactive parallel sessions during which participants can meet, discuss
and inspire each other.

Given your strong expertise in this field, I would be very pleased if you
would be willing to serve as

[one of the introductory speakers in parallel session Track [   ]. As we are
seeking for discussions and debates, your presentation could be relatively
short (let's say 5-10 minutes maximum), but preferably provocative. To
facilitate the discussions, we have organized a moderator (which you may
know), being [    ]. Upon your confirmation, the moderator will contact you
to further detail and organize the session (preventing overlaps and
synchronizing timing and structure and making sure we are in possession of
your presentation material a few days before the conference). Obviously,
state of the art equipment to support your presentation will be available.
The document attached holds a leaflet on the Conference and the provisional
program, including 'your' session.

[a moderator of parallel session Track [   ]. Your role will be to
technically lead the session (like introducing the program and speakers and
to facilitate and (if necessary) ensure a vivid debate. The speakers within
your session have been requested to prepare a short (5-10 minutes) but
provocative presentation, so that should help you. Obviously, state of the
art equipment to support your presentation will be available. For the rest,
feel free to fill in the details any way you want in collaboration with the
introductory speakers. My suggestion is that upon your confirmation, we have
chat to further organize this. The document attached holds a leaflet on the
Conference and the provisional program, including 'your' session.]

[one of the key note speakers in the plenary session [   ], titled [   ] The
document attached holds a leaflet on the Conference and the provisional
program, including 'your' session and the other speakers invited. There you
will also find the name of the moderator. Upon your hopefully positive
response, the moderator will be contacting you to further detail and
organize the session (form of your contributing, structure, etc.)

As the European Commission is organizing its PSI Group Meeting (bringing
together key representatives from Member States and industry) in Rotterdam
the day before, we thought it would be nice to organize 'a day before
dinner', allowing you (and the other that contribute to the Conference) to
extend your network and meet a lot of interesting people. Therefore, we
kindly invite you for dinner on 15 March (the venue will be communicated
later) and of course we will pick up the bill for that. In your response,
please let me know whether you join in (and if you have any preferences,
like vegetarian food, or food allergies, pleae let me know).

As to the other expenses, we have some budget to cover travel and
subsistence costs, however, unfortunately, this is limited. Therefore, if
your organisation would be in a position to (partly) cover these costs, we
would very much appreciate this. If not, please safe all the originals of
the tickets and invoices, so that we can reimburse you upon submission of
those (after the conference).

I sincerely hope you can part of this great event and I am looking forward
to your response. If you have any questions, I will be delighted to address
them.

Kind regards

[   ]

ePSI Platform team